Grab These 60 Hassle Free Business Listings To Boost Your Sales
Lesson 19: Use these 60 Business Listings To Promote Your Brand and generate leads.
Included FREE in this lesson: An up to date list of 60 Business Listings to drive more traffic to your business.
Since more and more small businesses battle over the same clientele each year, finding new and effective promotional ideas that work to target those customers is critical.
The line between success and failure often comes down to promotion – it’s as simple as that.
So how do you tackle the challenge of getting as many people to find out about your service or product without spending a ton of money?
Research indicates that 88% of smartphone users and 84% of tablet users search for products and services on a LOCAL basis.
The research went on to demonstrate that 18% of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day compared to 7% of non local searches.
So placing yourself in local directories is a smart way of driving additional sales.
The other interesting facts that emerged from the research were these:
- The majority of store visits following a local search occurred within a 5 mile radius of the user’s location and that consumers were generally willing to drive 17 minutes to a business location.
- The other interesting point is that consumers prefer and act on ads that are location based.
So what do you have to do to make your business stand out in your neighbourhood, whether it’s an online or bricks and mortar business?
- Make sure you create a local profile on Google and fill it out completely
- Use local business schemas and rich snippet reviews
- Get people talking about your business locally to build authority and trust. Google picks that up by inserting your testimonials into the search results.
- Incentivise your customers to leave reviews on your site
- Even if you have an online business, take photographs of your location and geo tag them – they’re really powerful in search results.
And the most important thing to do?
Get your business on an many of the following 60 local business directories as possible.
60 Online Local Business Directories/Listings for Local Marketing
- Better Business Bureau
- Angie’s List
- Merchant Circle
- Dex Media
- Discover Our Town
- EZ Local
- Advice Local
- Get Fave
- My Huckleberry
- Magic Yellow
- Map Creator
- Judy’s Book
- Home Advisor
- The Business Journals
Other useful resources:
Based on which US state you live in, you can get a business directory listing by state here.
Directory Bug also lists 100+ local business listings that are free for your business to list.
Vendasta has published a list of the top 100 Online Business Directories.
Take Action Now!
- List your business in as many of the relevant and popular business listings as you can afford and are relevant.
In the next two lessons we’re going to focus on how you can get the perfect scripts for your video and written sales letters and also how to use webinars to grow your business quickly.
All the best!
PS – If you’re stuck, email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll personally help you through your business issue. No call centres, help desks or customer services. Just me, the business equivalent of a Big Mac and fries.